Having a burger-themed summer is difficult when it comes to taking my girlfriend out to eat, but Iron Hill is the exception to the not-so-classy burger joints we inevitably go to. Not that I don't dress up every other time I take her out to eat.
I know Iron Hill has a slightly fancy vibe and serves elegant dishes, but it is still just a burger place to me. I try not to seem like this blog is just an ad for all these places, but I'm going to go out and say that Iron Hill treats burgers as delicately and passionately as Van Gogh treated a canvas. Even the bread is carefully crafted, enclosing every burger in a fluffy brioche bun.
Since it is Burger Month, we chose the daily special, the Armed Forces Tribute Burger.
I can imagine that the burger is celebrating the freedom the armed forces fight to protect by filling itself with everything that is carelessly indulgent in the world. It's basically a concoction of every item at a barbecue stuffed into one amazing bun. I mean, just look at the pulled pork falling out of the side.
THE BITE:
My teeth hit the crisp outside of the brioche and immediately sunk through the fluffy interior. The first taste that came after the bread was the pulled pork, which was tangy with barbecue sauce and wonderful pork fate. Then, I heard the crunch of the onion rings along with the snap of a slightly-crisp slice of bacon. Finally, I made contact with burger and sunk until my mouth met in the middle. By the time I had finished biting down, I had the tender burger combined with barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, tangy pulled pork, bacon and ham all combined in one nearly-overwhelming moment of wonder.
I will go on record to say that this was the best burger I have ever had. Ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment